Monday, October 4, 2010

OCTOBER!

Well... It's October and I think I finally have myself organized to the point I can function. No seriously... I sat down last night and made a list of everything that I have to do this semester between class, school and personal. Some will never be checked off but they are always there to remind me! So far this list is 3 1/2 pages long! It's crazy I don't know how I will do it all. I do feel some success tonight but hopefully it doesn't ware off. The hard part is when the list doesn't seem shorter after awhile. I didn't get everything done tonight but I did get a fair start! After I'm don't writing this I will sit down and figure out tomorrow night's schedule so I can hopefully focus while I'm in class.

Teaching is a very interesting time. My kids are not consistent at all and I have a parent who is driving me crazy. the moment I see her I am in an immediate bad mood. I should probably just kill her with kindness, but she is so overbearing her daughters are never going to get anywhere in life. The daughter that I have in my class is always giving me the pouty look. She expects to get her way all the time. Today I passed out a worksheet hadn't given instructions yet and she shouts out at me I don't know what to do. One day we were lined up for dismissal bell hasn't rang yet she looked out the classroom window saw her mom's truck she tells me I have to go meet my mom. I said yes I know that's what we are waiting to do. She continues on and on with my mom is right there I have to go meet her, as we start walking out the door she says I have to go meet my mom. I finally answered that is where we are going what other way are you going to get there. finally she stopped.

I had a kid who threw a temper tantrum for no reason today during an observation. He did the work just fine. When we went out to recess he was at the way back he finally made it over by me about 15 min into our 20 min conversation. When my observer noticed that he got louder anytime that I came close to him and she just started laughing. There are some days I really just want to throw in the towel and other days that I love it. I am tired already of fighting these parents that work the system. I just wish that someone had the magic words for me to make everything smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.