Monday, September 13, 2010

It's only Monday... :(

Today I was ready to quit! In fact I texted Parker and told him that I do. He wouldn't let me though and I had to stick out the rest of the day. After one student was gone it was a bit more smooth sailing. She was suspended for hitting me. I have officially decided that I am going to SAT her for behavior. This is a constant thing that happens every week and now they are becoming more aggressive. It's a major mood swing. The class wont even be in trouble and all of the sudden she is getting mad and huffing and puffing about who knows what. My students don't get it I say sit down they roam the room, I say stop talking they talk louder. I need 18 different corners to put these guys in. It is impossible to teach anything! It took us 50 min to get through a writing lesson that should have only taken 30. I decided half way through the lesson that I wasn't going to pay attention to those who were causing me to stop every few seconds and called the students up to the floor that are always listening and wanting to learn. The rest sat in their desk as we whispered in the front. Although one girl who was the biggest issue during Writing decided to throw a temper tantrum and slam her desk I never looked at her and it quickly stopped! I have the worse head-ache right now and i don't think it will go away. They say that the first year of teaching is the hardest for classroom management. I don't think that is my issue. I have many special teachers saying this class was horrible last year. I was so angry today I didn't even eat my lunch. I came home though and after dinner Parker took me out. We went and looked at rings it was a fun time and I figured out that I want a yellow diamond in my ring! I now need to get working on my homework for class tomorrow. Oh man... only Monday and only September.... I don't know what to say....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.